Lehigh University’s College of Business invites applications for the position of Director of the Philip Rauch Center for Business Communication (RCBC) and Professor of Practice in Business. The Director will be an educator and administrator who will lead the development and implementation of courses, programs, and services that support excellence in business communication. The Director will be a collaborative leader who shares Lehigh’s passion for transforming undergraduate students into young professionals ready to effectively deliver evidence-driven, persuasive communications across a variety of complex, often data-intensive business situations. This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track position.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, the Director will:
1. Design, coordinate, teach, assess, and continuously improve two business communications courses in the undergraduate business core curriculum, i.e., BUS 003: Business Communications I and BUS 203: Business Communications II. The Director will collaborate with faculty teaching prerequisites to the business communication sequence and with professional development staff in the Undergraduate Programs Office to ensure an integrated core experience for students. Teaching load will be up to 6 credits per semester each academic year.
2.Lead and oversee processes and programs to support the application, reinforcement, and continuous improvement of undergraduates’ business communications skills beyond business communication courses, including both curricular support (i.e., coordinating assessment rubrics for use by business faculty in core and major courses, engaging peer tutoring (TRAC Fellows) within Undergraduate Programs, etc.) and co-curricular programming (e.g., workshops, seminars, coaching case competition teams, etc.).
3. Manage operations and budget for the Rauch Center for Business Communication, including hiring and oversight of faculty to teach the business communications core course sequence. The Director will also serve as a member of the Associate Dean's leadership team in the College of Business Undergraduate Programs Office.
4. Represent the College of Business to constituencies internal and external to Lehigh, and promote communications-related program accomplishments to external audiences in a variety of venues.
5. Participate in professional networks/associations external to Lehigh to promote the College of Business, engage in the exchange of best practices, and gain ongoing professional development. The Director will also network and conduct ongoing benchmarking/research to lead best practices with regard to business communications and pedagogy.
Master’s (required) and/or doctorate in business, business communications, or a related field, with relevant experience. Must demonstrate very strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with evidence of professional communications excellence in business organization(s). Applicants should also provide evidence of teaching effectiveness in corporate, training, and/or higher education settings and have experience in:
- Leading with a strategic point of view, including planning that integrated various perspectives, garnering consensus, and implementing for results;
- Leveraging contemporary technology to accomplish communication purposes;
- Overseeing and allocating resources;
- Networking/interacting with diverse others to achieve desired results, including forming and sustaining effective partnerships with key constituencies;
- Accomplishing work with/through others in positive, collaborative work environments, preferably in a higher education context.
About Lehigh: Lehigh University is a coeducational, non-denominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe. Lehigh presently offers majors and programs in five colleges: The College of Arts and Sciences, The College of Business, The College of Education, The P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science, and The College of Health. The university serves more than 5,000 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. The College of Business and Economics is home to approximately 1,700 undergraduates including two interdisciplinary programs with the Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. Lehigh’s College of Business and Economics’ undergraduate programs are consistently ranked among the nation’s finest, ranking 24th in Poets and Quants 2021 ratings for the best business programs for undergraduates.
Located in eastern Pennsylvania, the campus is situated on more than 2,350 acres in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia. Lehigh Valley International Airport is 15 minutes from campus.
Lehigh University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Lehigh offers excellent benefits including domestic partner benefits. Furthermore, Lehigh University has in place an infrastructure to address faculty dual career and work life balance matters. Please visit: http://www.lehigh.edu/~inprv/faculty/worklifebalance.html.
Lehigh University is a 2010 recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Grant.
Read more at http://www.lehigh.edu/luadvance/
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community.
Lehigh University is a recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Award for promoting the careers of women in academic science and engineering. Read more about Lehigh’s ADVANCE Center for Women STEM Faculty at: http://www.lehigh.edu/luadvance/
Lehigh University provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including domestic partner benefits. More information about Work/Life Balance for Faculty can be found at: http://www.lehigh.edu/~inprv/faculty/worklifebalance.html/
Lehigh University supports dual career efforts for following spouses/partners of newly hired faculty.
Learn more about Dual Career Assistance at: https://www.lehigh.edu/~inprv/faculty/dualcareer.html