Job Function: The Teaching Faculty is an active member of the faculty in the Counseling Psychology program. This position is a renewable, non-tenure track, 12-month position, with vacation time and a competitive compensation and benefits package. This individual coordinates the training of future counseling psychologists, licensed professional counselors, and school counselors (domestic and international). The Teaching Faculty provides excellent teaching and supervision to future psychologists and counselors, using culturally competent and social justice-oriented pedagogies, while coordinating opportunities for students to grow their clinical skills.
● Teach courses equivalent to 8 credits in fall and in spring semesters (e.g., Advanced Doctoral Practicum; Master’s Counseling Practicum, Master’s Counseling Internship).
● Teaching/supervising responsibilities equivalent of up to 6 credits during the summer.
● Advise and supervise students in our Counseling Psychology doctoral program and four master’s programs (Counseling and Human Services [CHS], School Counseling, and International School Counseling).
● Organize and hold group meetings with students relevant to clinical training.
● Hold individual meetings with students as needed, and provide mentoring and guidance regarding clinical training and career development.
● Attend Program Meetings, coordinate meetings with external stakeholders (practicum and internship supervisors), and establish relationships with clinical training sites and collaborators (e.g., mental health organizations, local and international schools).
● Coordinate Practicum and Internship placements for students in our Counseling Psychology doctoral program and four master’s programs, including networking and developing new relationships with new training sites.
● Oversee and manage the details of clinical training (e.g., software licensing, supervisory evaluations, training contracts, student’s training experiences).
● Prepare doctoral students for internship applications and coordinate with the Training Director and advisors on providing feedback to internship applicants.
● Recommend updates to the program manual and training materials as needed, and provide input and feedback to the overall training of students.
● Participate in student remediation, when needed.
● Other responsibilities as indicated by programmatic need and the Program or Training Director.
● Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counseling Psychology or related field by date of hire.
● Licensed Psychologist in PA or license eligible in PA
Founded in 1865, Lehigh University has combined outstanding academic and learning opportunities with leadership in fostering innovative research. Recognized among the nation's highly ranked research universities, Lehigh offers a rigorous academic community for nearly 7,000 students. Lehigh University has some 5,000 undergraduates, 2,000 graduate students, and about 550 full-time faculty members. Lehigh University is located in Bethlehem, PA., a vibrant and historic area. Over 820,000 people live in the Lehigh Valley, which is in close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia.
The College of Education is strongly committed to enhancing and maintaining strong reciprocal relations with the multicultural, largely Spanish-speaking community in which it is located. The Counseling Psychology Program, housed in the College of Education, offers a doctorate in Counseling Psychology as well as masters’ degrees in Counseling and Human Services, School Counseling, and International School Counseling. Signature areas of the Counseling Psychology program include multicultural issues and social justice, counseling process/outcomes and supervision, international counseling, school counseling, vocational counseling, and early childhood. The Program faculty have established strong research and service partnerships in the Lehigh Valley, including our Community Voices Clinic.
Additional information about the Counseling Psychology program is available at: http://ed.lehigh.edu/academics/programs/cp
To apply, please submit 1) a letter of interest highlighting your teaching philosophy, 2) a statement outlining your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, 3) a CV, and 4) 3 letters of recommendation at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20798. Only electronic submissions will be considered. Inquiries and nominations can be directed to: Nicole L. Johnson, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair, Department of Education and Human Services, College of Education, Lehigh University, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on February 4th, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Start date is August 2022.
The College of Education at Lehigh University is committed to increasing the diversity and inclusion of the college community and curriculum.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching and/or service, to this mission.
Lehigh University is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation award for promoting the careers of women in academic sciences and engineering http://www.lehigh.edu/luadvance/ and is among institutions of higher education recognized for excellence in diversity with the INSIGHT into Diversity HEED Award. Additional information about Lehigh’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is available at https://diversityandinclusion.lehigh.edu/.
Lehigh University provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including domestic partner benefits. More information about Work/Life Balance for Faculty can be found at https://provost.lehigh.edu/work-life-balance.
Lehigh University supports dual career efforts for following spouses/partners of newly hired faculty https://dualcareer.lehigh.edu/dual-career.